Vets2Techs and GeneratioNext Propane Pros are proud to announce the combined programs have entered into an agreement to provide recruitment support to the Alabama Propane Gas Association (APGA) and propane marketers across Alabama.
GeneratioNext Propane Pros in Alabama
GeneratioNext Propane Pros is a workforce development program that connects students and graduates of local technical schools with potential employers in the propane industry.
- Connect technical students and graduates in Alabama with viable career opportunities
- Empower the next generation of propane professionals
- Help local employers find qualified applicants and fill positions quickly
- Build relationships with local instructors at trade schools, vocational high schools, and other trade institutions
“We believe the efficiency created by combining resources and technology will result in an unmatched and powerful workforce development program for propane marketers in Alabama. We are especially honored to be part of the process to place our veterans in needed and well-paying jobs within our industry,” said Michelle Wilson, VP, Boston Environmental, developers of GeneratioNext Propane Pros.
About Vets2Techs in Alabama
Vets2Techs will help area marketers learn how to recruit, hire, and train veterans to help fill the ever-growing demand in technical positions such as propane truck drivers and service technicians.
- Veterans have leadership and logistical skills that apply to leadership positions in propane
- The support includes Vets2Techs and APGA members attending military unit events to share with veterans the benefits of working in our industry.
- Vets2Techs will hold training events on best practices in the areas of career ads and benefits bundling, along with how to promote and hire within the veteran community.
“We recruit veterans with expertise in outreach to act as propane industry liaisons to help attract skilled workers to our industry. Who better to speak to veterans than a fellow veteran?” said Vets2Techs cofounder, Jesse Lord.
What People Are Saying about Our Workforce Development Programs
“The Alabama Propane Gas Association has been partnering with GeneratioNext Propane Pros since 2021 and we are delighted with the results of the program. This workforce development program brings great value to our membership as an aging workforce is one of our industry’s greatest challenges in preparing for the future. Michelle Wilson has provided propane marketers throughout our state with qualified candidates and numerous hires. In Alabama, we currently have over 350 active CDL and HVAC candidates looking for hire today! I would encourage everyone in the propane industry to take advantage of this invaluable resource.” —Laural Bunn, Executive Director, Alabama Propane Gas Association
“During a time when labor shortages and an aging workforce are plaguing our industry, Michelle Wilson with GeneratioNext Propane Pros gave us an opportunity that we would not have otherwise had to speak with CDL classes in our area to promote not only the propane industry but also Superior Gas. Michelle provided a positive, pro propane PowerPoint highlighting the benefits of our industry, made the presentation process very easy, and guided us through discussing career options available within our company. Hopefully, informing and educating new CDL candidates about career opportunities in the propane industry will spur much needed “young blood” to enter the propane workforce. We greatly appreciate the opportunity that Michelle and GeneratioNext facilitated for us.” —Rainer Montgomery & Jerry Walker, Superior Gas Company