Vets2Techs and GeneratioNext Propane Pros are proud to announce the combined programs have entered into an agreement to provide recruitment support to the Alabama Propane Gas Association (APGA) and propane marketers across Alabama.
GeneratioNext Propane Pros in Alabama
GeneratioNext Propane Pros is a workforce development program that connects students and graduates of local technical schools with potential employers in the propane industry.
- Connect technical students and graduates in Alabama with viable career opportunities
- Empower the next generation of propane professionals
- Help local employers find qualified applicants and fill positions quickly
- Build relationships with local instructors at trade schools, vocational high schools, and other trade institutions
“We believe the efficiency created by combining resources and technology will result in an unmatched and powerful workforce development program for propane marketers in Alabama. We are especially honored to be part of the process to place our veterans in needed and well-paying jobs within our industry,” said Michelle Wilson, VP, Boston Environmental, developers of GeneratioNext Propane Pros.
About Vets2Techs in Alabama
Vets2Techs will help area marketers learn how to recruit, hire, and train veterans to help fill the ever-growing demand in technical positions such as propane truck drivers and service technicians.
- Veterans have leadership and logistical skills that apply to leadership positions in propane
- The support includes Vets2Techs and APGA members attending military unit events to share with veterans the benefits of working in our industry.
- Vets2Techs will hold training events on best practices in the areas of career ads and benefits bundling, along with how to promote and hire within the veteran community.
“We recruit veterans with expertise in outreach to act as propane industry liaisons to help attract skilled workers to our industry. Who better to speak to veterans than a fellow veteran?” said Vets2Techs cofounder, Jesse Lord.
What People Are Saying about Our Workforce Development Programs
“The Alabama Propane Gas Association is excited to be working with V.E.T.S. and GeneratioNext Propane Pros to educate and recruit prospective employees to the propane industry. We believe that Jesse Lord and Michelle Wilson will add great value to our current workforce development initiative. Having access to their knowledge of recruitment among the military and student populations should provide great value to the industry. We hope that providing this benefit to the industry in Alabama will successfully increase our workforce and allow our industry members to focus more on customer service than the daunting task of finding qualified employees.” —Lisa F. Hill, Executive Director, Alabama Propane Gas Association